Olay Regenerist Advance Cleansing System : Review
First of all, it is a kit. The kit comes with a dual speed control cleansing device, 1 gentle brush head, 1 AA battery and a deluxe size sample of 20ml Regenerist Skin Renewal Cleanser. On the box it says the device helps to deep cleanse, gently exfoliate and prime your skin for anti-aging regimen.
You might ask 'What about the brush head?'. Yes I hear you :D The brush head has a life span of 3 months after which you have to change it to maintain effectiveness of the cleansing system and for hygiene purposes. The brush head can be purchased separately retailing at MYR 21.90 for a set of 2 brushes.
I thought the price was reasonable and affordable compared to the famous-taken-the-world-by-storm-and-highly-acclaimed Clarisonic which is available at Sephora at MYR499.
Ok time for some pictures
|The device and the replacement cleansing brush heads|
|Detachable brush head of course. Can you see how small the device is?|
|It is that small and believe me I have tiny hands!|
|The device has two buttons: 1 is the on/off button ( no points at guessing which one that is )|
and the other is the dual speed button. Click once for normal speed and twice for high speed.
|And this is the deluxe size cleanser that comes in the kit.|
About the device:
- It is small enough to travel with AND wire/cord hassle free because it is operating on batteries. It is smaller than Clarisonic Mia 2.
- Unlike the Clarisonic that oscillates back and forth left to right, this spins 360 degrees.
- Manual stop unlike Clarisonic. It also doesn't beep.
- It is water resistant so that you can use it in the shower.
- It has a smart memory system where it remembers your speed setting. When you switch the device on the next you use it, it will operate on the speed you were on last.
The cleansing brush head:
- The bristles are so soft when it touches the skin. For something at this price I did not at all put such high hopes that it will feel this soft.
- Easy to clean. Literally you just need to run it under running water and gently rub your thumb back and forth 3 times and all makeup residues from the cleansing process are gone.
- The way to use it is not to press the bristles down on to your skin. Please ... I have seen some bloggers doing it on video, so know that you are not to do that at all. Believe me I was horrified when I saw that. You are to just let the bristles touch your skin and gently move from one area to the other. I will explain why shortly.
The skin renewal sample:
- The cleanser has micro beads in it. So the cleanser does gentle exfoliation every time you use it. NOW you see why you don't press the bristles down hard on your face?? You don't want to over exfoliate for crying out loud.
- Nice for normal to dry skin type.
How to use this system:
- Deposit cleanser to the palm of your hand.
- Add some water and lather it. Never, ever lather cleanser on your face. I am tellin' ya girl that's a big NO NO. That is why your beauty therapist always lather cleanser on her palms first before she touches your face when you do your facial. has she ever put cleanser on your face then wet her hands and lather it on your skin? No! Ok? Do you hear me? Right, let's get on with this.
- After lathering the product on your palm, proceed to apply it onto your skin in a gentle circular motion until your whole face is covered with the lathered cleanser.
- Switch on the device and choose your speed (once for normal speed and twice for high speed).
- Move the brush around your face at calculated duration as it rotates on its head, never spending too much time on any one area. Now you can get carried away here and there is no beeping sound that signals that you have been on a certain area for more than 1 minute. Remember more is bad in this case, alright? Good!
- After spending about 4-5 mins ( I usually don't take longer than 3 mins because I do not want to over do it ), take it off your skin and switch it off.
- You will see that there is no lather left on your skin from the cleanser because the bristles have taken it off.
- Rinse your face with water as usual and clean your brush head under running water.
- Leave the brush to dry in your room and never in the bathroom or else you will be collecting more then just dust on the bristles, get what I mean?
- You will feel that your skin is soft and smooth to the touch after you pat your face dry.
- Put on your serum or moisturizer while your skin is still damp.
My opinion after using this cleansing system for 4 months I find that:
- if you have sensitive skin, don't use this more than twice a week
- if you do not have sensitive skin, you can use it daily but never more than 3 minutes ( for me ).
- the key is to use it moderately. For me, 3 - 4 times a week is enough especially if you are using cleansers with micro beads in it. I for one don't, yet my skin gets dry if I use this system every day despite using hydrating serum and moisturiser afterwards.
- it is a wonderful system. The system does not break me out unless I forgot to use it for more than a week at intervals, then yes I will break out because it is a cleansing process and trapped dirt is taken out from pores.
- I also noticed that my serum and moisturiser penetrate my skin better when I use the system. I love that the most of this system.
Would I recommend it to my friends? YES, definitely. I would highly recommend my friends to purchase this.
So there you have it girls. If you have been wanting an effective cleansing system but don't have the budget for it, go for Olay Regenerist Advance Cleansing System. It is effective, operates on battery so no messy cords to pack when your are travelling, very travel friendly size and it is sort of kind to your wallet.
However, if you do have the budget or just want to splurge on a Clarisonic Mia, by all means go ahead ... though it would do you harm if you wait for Sephora to give that occasioanl 20% off on all items in the store *wink wink ;D That way you can shop more!
Let me know if you will buy this or will buy this and share in the comment box below. Ciao Bella