Booking.com

Wednesday, 9 April 2014

My March 2014 Favourites: Coastal Scents, Tarte, MakeupGeek

Hi again ladies

We are approaching mid April already but I don't think it is too late to share my March favourites now wouldn't it? :D So here are my most used beauty products for the month of March.


Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette

I have had this palette for quite some time now, seriously. With all the new palettes that I have been purchasing this baby has been sitting in my drawer for sooo long that it got lost among my makeup stuff.

I revisited this palette earlier in the month and fell in love with its versatility all over again; a rediscovered favourite. Like a long lost love rekindled :D How can I have forgotten my 88 Warm Palette?

Just look at this beauty! You can create many many looks from just this one palette! I experimented with so many colours that I haven't touch since I bought it and the result surprised me every time.

Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette

The colours are so soft and buttery, has amazing pigmentation and long wearing. I would highly recommend this palette to anyone regardless if you are a beginner or a pro. Bought this for USD24.99.

tarte

I have a few favourites from this brand. First would be the LipSurgence Lip Cremes. I have for of them from a collection that was sadly not available here in Malaysia. Bought this off of eBay. It is the  LipSurgence Lip Creme from the Bow & Go Christmas Collection. I forgot how much I paid for this, sorry for that. I have them in promise (rosy pink), wonder (bright pink), thoughtful (brownish pink) and precious (nude pink). 

I just love the formula! I also love the minty smell and taste of it which is pretty much like the Revlon ones that you can  find at Watsons and Guardian. But know that is is creamier and more moisturising. Since I had them I literally stopped using my other lipsticks. So I have to remind myself constantly that I have a box full of lipsticks to finish! haha.  I wish this would be made available locally at our Sephora come this Christmas 2014.

Clockwise: wonder, promise, precious and thoughtful.
I won't be doing swatches of these because the camera just do not do justice to the colour no matter how I angle my cam.  I have seen swatches of these online and none have captured the colour in its true shade. Sorry ladies, you just have to trust that they are lovely. 

Next are the blushes. I love tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush. They give out the nicest colour to your cheeks and they last the whole day. I have 2 here that I constantly went back to. These are the mini blushes by the way. One, I got through a friend who bought it from tarte's website in honored which is a nice coral pink, and the other I bought from Sephora locally exposed, a nice dusty pink that gives the most natural flush on my cheeks. Love, love, love this one. It retailed at MYR29. I don't know if you can still get this at the store though. Whatever it is, it is worth buying the full size one for this. 



honored


exposed

MakeupGeek

What can I say about MakeupGeek? Awesome. Since I found MakeupGeek, I have pretty much forgotten about my MAC shadows. MakeupGeek is a brand developed my Marlena who is one of my favourite YouTube makeup guru. Her channel is called MakeupgeekTV. Do check her out because she is fantastic. She is a now a successful businesswoman with her own makeup line that is the buzz here among other YouTubers.

Her shadows are not only comparable to MAC shadows as everyone on YouTube has been saying but they actually surpasses MAC two folds. Amazing colour payoff, soft creamy texture and so easy to blend you wouldn't believe that they come in such affordable price. I would gladly trade my MAC shadows for MakeupGeek's ok. For those of you who love MAC...try buying these. You would not believe how great these are. MAC has been slacking in their shadow quality and I for one have been using MAC for more than 10 years, so I know. 

Her shadows are of the same size as MAC's so you can fit these in your MAC shadow palette with ease. ok enough blabbing, let's take a look at the colours that I have. Ehem .. I do have a batch en route to Kuala Lumpur ladies hehe can't wait to receive them.



Out of the six that I have here, my ultimate favs are Drama Queen, Homecoming and Vanilla Bean. You barely need to scruff your brush on these shadows to pick up the colour. Watch reviews on YouTube and everyone of them will say exactly the same thing about them whic is "Amazing quality" ! 

These cost USD 5.99 a piece and MakeupGeek ships worldwide affordably. Please click on the banner at the top of my blog or down below or better yet, on my side bar to shop at her website. Happy shopping in advance and thank me later! :p 


There you have it, my March favs. I hope you have enjoyed reading and thank you for visiting. 

I just want to take a moment here to announce that I have a giveaway coming up tomorrow April 10th, 2014 for my loyal readers out there. Unfortunately it is only for those who are staying in Kuala Lumpur and Klang Valley for now. Hopefully with continuous support I would be able to do an international giveaway soon! 

Don't forget to follow me here :D

Love and belief,

Diane
xoxo








No comments :

Post a Comment