NARS Sheer Glow Foundation - My 2014 Best Liquid Foundation

Hello ladies

Have you or are you having issues with finding the perfect foundation colour? I do. For years it has been my number one plight...To the point of giving up ok. No joke.

Then NARS came into my life and my plight is gone yeaaay! NARS Sheer Glow Foundation gives me enough coverage for daily wear. While I love my Estèe Lauder Double Wear Foundation, this gives me a more natural dewy look. Plus, the colour is a perfect match. I am in Medium 3 - Stromboli.





This formula is buildable so you can layer it for more coverage. Most importantly they don't look cakey even after the 3rd layer. I of course use my Beauty Blender. It is important to note here too that NARS actually recommends their foundation to be applied using your fingers as the warmth of your hands will better help the product to blend beautifully with your skin. I have used the foundation both ways (of course this is based on using the original Beauty Blender) and the effect is the same.

Their Sheer Glow Foundation retails for MYR 165 without the dispenser pump. I don't remember exactly how much I paid for the dispenser but i believe it is around MYR19.

Would I recommend this to friends?
YES

Would I repurchase this?
A DEFINITE YESSSSS

I have used this on brides and they do last through out the akad nikah ceremony and reception under our sunny Malaysian weather. What I personally feel best about using this foundation for brides is that, it gives the skin the sort of glowiness that gives my blushing brides radiant complexion, almost ethereal so to speak.

Give this foundation a go and you would love it too, promise!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have heard about NARS more than 8 to 9 years ago on a TV Programme at NTV7. It said that NARS is the number one makeup brand for foundation used by celebrity makeup artists in Hollywood. Why? Because of the wide colour spectrum it offers ( particularly suitable for women of colours) and the dewy soft effects it gives the complexion during photo shoots.

I was saying "If JLo and Beyonce ( to name a few famous artist ) can rock this foundation then I should be able to find my colour". Back then online shopping was not that big in Malaysia, not to mention getting cosmetics from the US online. Plus, even if there was an online shop that carried this NARS foundation, how would I know my colour if I don't colour test them on my skin, right?

So, imagine my excitement when NARS opens a store here in KL. I went there the first week they open and guess what? They were almost out of foundation ... and that included the one in the colour that matches me like a second skin. If I were to be an animated figure, I would have had a knife in my hand and stabbed myself :p

Heart broken.

While I have recommended this foundation to many, I,  after my first visit, never attempted to even ask, much less buy, my colour after so long a wait. Finally, in the month of May, 2014 ... they have my colour in stock.

I walked out of NARS that day a happy woman :D

Till my next post ... Love Yourself

xoxo

Comments

  1. I'm glad you're in the same shade as I am because now I can refer to your shade for Estee Lauder Double Wear.
    However I found that Sheer Glow oxidizes, strangely only after 3 months wearing it. Does it happen to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jade

      Hmm I didnt experience that with mine. I did purchase the pump dispenser though so my foundation is not really exposed everytime I use it.

      Delete
  2. hi diana, which one is your favourite? either estee lauder double wear or nars sheer glow? If i am oily skin, should i buy the nars sheer glow or the nars all luminous weightless?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Syaa Roselee

      Both Estee Lauser Double Wear and NARS Sheer Glow are great for those with oily skin. The difference is the coverage. Estee Lauder Double Wear to me gives me full coverage, flawless result and as for NARS Sheer Glow .. it is am everyday type of foundation. You dont look like you try hard to look nice.

      As for NARS Luminous Weightless, i do not have experience with that so I can not give you my comments. What i can advice you to do is to go to NARS and ask them to colour test you with one side Sheer Glow and the other Luminious Weghtless. Wear that throughtout the day and see which one you like best. :) That is the best way to test both at the same time

      All the best

      xoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts